Bulimia nervosa is getting rid of food by purging, taking laxatives and even excessive exercise. Help and treatment for bulimia starts here.
Is this you?
Emotions & behaviour
- You feel out of control of food; you are desperate to control your weight but eat compulsively at times.
- Bulimia feels like an addiction. Eating rules your life.
- You fear weight gain and feel very bad about your body and shape. You act as if you were confident but your self-esteem is low.
- You promise to stop your bulimia, but it somehow doesn’t happen. You would be ashamed if people knew what you did.
- Food is a friend and a foe, you wish you could just take it or leave it.
- You have mood swings; you feel depressed, alone and low.
- You have started purging as a desperate way to control your weight, but it isn’t working well and your weight may start increasing.
- You are tired of living like this.
How to get help
- Bulimia treatment and help begins here. It is better to get help sooner rather than later, Even after many years, recovery is possible with the right support from us.
- Bulimia treatment means a new relationship with food and self-control with food and weight. Help for bulimia also means emotional strengthening, raising self worth and finding better ways of feeling in control without needing to purge. We start with a full assessment, to help build a personalised treatment plan that is right for you.
Bulimia treatment takes time & will focus on:
- Gaining insight about bulimia and discovering what led to you developing it in the first place.
- Managing the mixed feelings about letting it go and building motivation to change.
- Nutritional guidance, to end compulsive eating and manage overeating without the need to purge. You will not gain weight.
- Emotional strengthening, to manage feelings like stress and unhappiness without turning to food or purging.
- Managing bulimic thoughts and obsessions with food.
- Self worth and body image healing.
The next step
As a certified eating psychology expert; I support you with compassion and wisdom in the journey of change.
I understand weight problems and irrational cravings, and know how to turn it around in a way that is right for you.
Would you like to know more about WHAT can be done for you personally? The first step is to have a no-obligation assessment (only £50) in person, by phone or by Skype. The first step starts here.